Istanbul / TURKEY
May 15, 2018
( P )
1st International Organ Donation Cartoon Contest 2018 Istanbul, Turkey
The International Organ Donation Cartoon Contest is organized to teke attention and create awareness about organ donation on global scale.
• The Contest is open to the professional and amateur cartoonists from all over the world.
• The Jury is composed of international members. The Jury will meet on May
2018 in Turkey.
• The award ceremony of the 1st International Organ Donation Cartoon Contest will be organized in 1st July 2018. The venue for the award ceremony will be announced.
Organized by : Turkish Transplant Foundation
Artistic Directorate : The Association of Cartoonist
Cooperation Organizations : Turkish Transplant Coordinators Association,
Liver Transplant Association,Health
Sciences University, International Transplant Network.
Selection Committee: The selection committee consisting international members will be announced.
1. Prize : 5 000 USD
2. Prize : 3 000 USD
3. Prize : 2 000 USD
Encouragement Award 1 : 1 000 USD
Encouragement Award 2 : 1 000 USD
Encouragement Award 3 : 1 000 USD
Encouragement Award 4 : 1 000 USD
Encouragement Award 5 : 1 000 USD
Submission Deadline : May 15, 2018
Evaluation of the Selected Committee : 16- 20 May, 2018
Announcement of Prize Winners : May 25, 2018
Conditions For Participation
1. Participants will draw about organ donation.
2. Participants will submit the original copies of their cartoons. Cartoons sent as printouts should bear original signatures of participants. Photographs, photocopies, etc. will not be accepted.
3. Size of cartoons should be A3 (29,7 x 42 cm) or A4 (29,7 x 21cm).
4. The participation form is attached or published on www.tonv.org.tr, participants will send their cartoons together with a short curriculum vitae and a photograph of them to the following address: Türkiye Organ Nakli Vakfı 52. Sokak 5/9 Beşevler-Ankara/Turkey. Information about the shipment firms will be announced on the website.
5. The caricaturists have to write their names and surnames, address, telephone number and their countries with capital letters on the back of their works.
6. Turkish Transplant Foundation will not be responsible for any damage that may occur during postage or for any late delivery of cartoons.
7. Award-winning cartoons will not be returned to participants.
8. By completing the participation form, the participant beforehand declares and accepts that he/she is the author of his/her cartoon(s) to be submitted to the Contest; that he/she grants license in form of non-exclusive simple license to Turkish Transplant Foundation without any limitations on location, time period and number including assignment to third parties in relation to the usage rights of financial rights such as processing, duplication, distribution, representation, indication and transmission to the public via audio and/or visual means as defined under the provisions of the Articles 21-25 of the Law No. 5846 on
Turkish Intellectual and Artistic Works; and that he/she gives consent to Turkish Transplant Foundation to exhibit such cartoon(s), to keep them in its archives, to duplicate and publish them on the Internet or through other media and to use them in any other way without any limitations.
9. Where the cartoon(s) to be submitted to the Contest wins a rank and/or a prize; the participant beforehand declares and accepts that he/she is the author of his/her rank and/or prize-winning cartoon(s) and that he/she transfers ownership of the original or the copy of cartoon, submitted to the Contest, to Turkish Transplant Foundation; that he/she transfers the financial rights such as processing, duplication, distribution, representation, indication and transmission to the public via audio and/or visual means he/she holds over the cartoon(s) to Turkish Transplant Foundation without any limitations on location, time period and number including assignment to third parties under the provisions of the Articles
21-25 of the Law No. 5846 on Turkish Intellectual and Artistic Work; that he/she gives consent to Turkish Transplant Foundation to exhibit such cartoon(s), to keep them in its archives, to publish them on the Internet or through other media and to use them in any other way without any limitations; that he/she does not have any right of disposition over the
financial rights subject to transfer and thus will not enter into any transactions with third parties in relation to transferred financial rights.
10. The participant accepts and declares that the information included on the participation form completed for the Contest participation will be processed and transferred with communication and Contest participation purposes within the framework of the International Cartoon Contest of Turkish Transplant Foundation in accordance with the Personal Data
Protection Law number 6698; that even if the application fails, the personal data will be kept by Turkish Transplant Foundation for the period of time set forth by the legislation; that the information related to Contest participation will be shared with the jury, press and media organs and other relevant parties; that where a prize is won or where cartoon is
published, his/her information as being author of such cartoon will be shared with the public; and that he/she is provided with required information in this regard.
• The participant accepts and declares that he/she has been informed before participating in the Contest that he/she can learn his/her rights about his/her personal data and possible modifications on processing of this data from www.tonv.org.tr;
• That where he/she has any request on processing of his/her personal data by Turkish Transplant Foundation, he/she can send such request in written with original signature to the address of
Türkiye Organ Nakli Vakfı
• That he/she will provide clear and comprehensible information related to the right he/she requests to use during the application to be made; that he/she will certify his/her identity during the application to prove that the applicant is the relevant person and will send his/her
identification information together with the application; and that it will be required to share also his/her contact information to receive the result of the application; and that he/she has been informed about all of these issues before participating in the Contest.
11. Turkish Transplant Foundation will cover travel and accommodation expenses of the first, second and third prize-winning and 5 encouragement prize competitors for the award ceremony.
12. Cartoons that have not received any awards will be returned to their owners upon written application to the Turkish Transplant Foundation within 1 year. The responsibility of the Turkish Transplant Foundation ends after this period.
13. The deadline of participation is 15 May 2018, Tuesday
14. Jury members cannot participate the Contest on the same year they act as a jury member.
Source & Rules PDF: