Kruishoutem / BELGIUM
January 08, 2017
( P & @ )
On our website you can check the list of participants to see if you works have arrived. The entry list is updated daily...
For the 21th time already our association is organizing its biennial cartoon contest.
In the fi rst place we would like to thank all participants of the previous editions for their
continued participation in this contest. The continued increase in the number of participants, entries and participating countries, and especially the quality of your work, proves the trust you put in our organization.
New in this edition is that you can upload your drawings with a new online platform.
You must first register on www.ecc-kruishoutem.be/register and use your personal code that you will find enclosed.
We hope we can count on your collaboration and we wish you a lot of success!
Rudy Gheysens - President
1. Theme: “The Soul”
2. The number of entries is limited to 5. Any kind of graphical technique will be accepted. The works may not have been awarded before. The drawings shall not bear subtitles.
3. You can send your works in two ways:
- Register and upload your cartoons on our website
- Send them by regular post to the following address:
BELGIUM – EUROPE
On our website you can check the list of participants to see if you works have arrived. The entry list is updated daily.
4. The drawings shall have the following dimensions: A4 – 300 dpi (maximum 3MB) for digital works.
5. The drawings sent by post must bear, on the reverse side, the surname, forename and preferably the ‘personal code’ of the participant.
6. By participating, the artist agrees with this rules and authorizes the organizers to publish the submitted works in the catalogue and for the promotion of the exhibition. For
any other use of the cartoons the permission of the cartoonist is previously requested.
7. The following prizes are awarded:
1st prize € 1.800,00 + trophy
2nd prize € 1.500,00 + trophy
3rd prize € 1.300,00 + trophy
Best European cartoon € 900,00
Best Belgian cartoon € 900,00
Prize of the ECC Personal exhibition in the ECC
On the occasion of the prize-giving ceremony, all the winners are invited for a stay of 3 days in Kruishoutem.
8. On request the participants get a free catalogue. However, the postage costs are for their own account. They can also collect the catalogue at the European Cartoon Center.
9. By participating the artist lends the submitted works to the organizers for itinerant exhibitions. Consequently, the selected works will remain at the disposal of the organizers
until December 2018! The awarded works will become property of the organization.
10. The entries will only be sent back by the organizers on written request. The organization can in no way be held responsible for eventually damaged or lost works.
11. If after announcement of the prizes, it appears that plagiarism has been committed, the jury can after deliberation withdraw the prize.
12. The international jury of cartoon professionals will meet in Kruishoutem on 27th of January 2017. The complete jury will be announced on our website after the expiry of
13. The inauguration and prize-giving ceremony will take place on Saturday 8th of April 2017. The exhibition will run from 9th of April till 2nd of July 2017.
DEADLINE : 8th of January 2017
Reglemenr / Rules / Rêgles - PDF: