Plovdiv / BULGARIA
July 31, 2015
( P )
Plovdiv University Of Agribusiness And Rural Development Plovdiv. Plovdiv Cartoonists Association Eighth International Biennial Of Caricature Masters Of Caricature Plovdiv 2015..
Sunday 08.02.2015 CartoonColors
SUBJECT: Sheep and Wolves
In ancient times somewhere between the mountain and the sky “the good acquaintances” a wolf and a sheep met. Could a caricature tell us more about their meeting? Is the
contemporary caricaturist capable of portraying the diversity of relations in this awkward pair? Old Bulgarians would say: “God save you from the wellbeing of a sheep whose well-wisher is wolf.” The wisdom of yore will entwine new mores.
The ram is the herd’s leader, a shepherd’s deputy, a sacred animal that links our world and the otherworld. The ram is a symbol of stoutness, strength and leadership.
The wolf is different. He is related to the wilderness that is unavailable for human beings. The wolf is among the foul forces created by the Devil, a symbol of death and winter.
Some people say that if you behave like a sheep, you will attract wolves. Others say that the wolf is bad as he eats the sheep, but what would a sheep seek against the wolf. Let’s see...
Regional Ethnographic Museum
Dr. Stoyan Chomakov St. 2
1. The Biennial of Caricature is open to professional and amateur caricaturists from all over the world.
2. Each participant should send at least one original work in 210/297 mm (format A4). Participants should send their caricatures by July 31st, 2015.
3. The caricatures may be colorful or black-and-white.
4. Caricatures sent via e-mail do not participate in the contest.
5. It is advisable that along with their caricatures, participants should also send a photograph or take-off and CV.
6. An international jury will nominate five caricaturists who will be conferred the title “Master of Caricature”.
7. The awarded caricatures are not sent back.
8. The rest of the caricatures will be sent back if authors state that in written form.
9. The Catalogue of the exhibition will be given free of charge to participants whose caricatures are included in the Catalogue.
Time and location:
Opening ceremony: October, 1st 2015, at 18.00,
Regional Ethnographic Museum – Plovdiv.
Submission deadline: July 31st, 2015 (mail date)
The Nominated works will be stored at the Fine Arts Fund of Regional Ethnographic Museum – Plovdiv
Phone: + 359 32 626 339
Türkçe Çevirisi: Kozyurt Blog