The Golden, Silver and Bronze Sunny Dragons are awarded by the Jury; the Jury’s decision is final and not disputable. The composition of the Jury will be announced additionally.
March 20, 2014
( @ )
Festival 'The Sunny Dragon' to take place in Yerevan, Armenia.
The subjects of the Festival are:
1. Noah’s Return: a/ graphic humour (cartoons, caricatures, strips, comics, etc.); b/ funny design;
2. Ad Libidem.
The 1st Prize – “Golden Sunny Dragon”
The 2nd Prize – “Silver Sunny Dragon”
The 3rd Prize – “Bronze Sunny Dragon”
Special Prize from the RA Ministry of Culture
Special Prize from the Association of Caricaturists of Armenia
Special Prize from the Armenian Union of Designers
Special Prize of the Union of Artists of Armenia
Sympathy of the Audience
1. People above 18 throughout the world are eligible to take part in the Festival.
2. Each author could submit unlimited number of works on the main subject (cartoons, caricatures, strips, comics, etc., funny design); and up to three free compositions.
3. Works, in digital format, should be sent to the following e-mail addresses:
together with the filled-in digital entry form. All submitted works, in any technique, black/white or colour, must be saved in high quality JPG, TIFF, PNG or PDF formats, in 300 dpi resolution, in A4 size; each file should not exceed 5MB. Larger files will not be considered.
4. The deadline for submissions is MARCH 20, 2014.
5. The Golden, Silver and Bronze Sunny Dragons are awarded by the Jury; the Jury’s decision is final and not disputable. The composition of the Jury will be announced additionally.
6. Special Awards will be assigned by the respective organizations.
The Sympathy of the Audience will be determined by the visitors votes.
7. The submitted works will be exhibited at the House of Artists of Armenia (16 Abovyan Str., Yerevan, Armenia), also at different galleries and exhibition halls in Yerevan or in the regions of Armenia at sole discretion of the organizers.
8. Submissions that have received awards previously at other events are also accepted; please mention the place and the date of the award.
9. Results of the voting will be sent to all the participating artists by email, published on the special website (the address will be announced shortly) and posted on the facebook page:
Armenian-association-of-caricaturists/105515479573700?ref=hl within April 2014.
10. The “Sunny Dragon 2014” catalogue will be published, and all the artists whose artworks are selected for the catalogue will receive a free copy together with the participant’s badge.
11. The opening ceremony will take place on April 1, 2014, at 14:00, at the House of Artists of Armenia; announcing of the winners and closing of the Festival will take place on April 8, 2014. The exhibition will remain open until April 8, 2014.
12. Participation in the Festival assumes full acceptance of all the conditions and rules by the authors.
Timetable of The Sunny Dragon 2014
Theme: 1. Noah’s Return: a/ graphic humour; b/ funny design; 2. Ad Libidem.
Deadline for application and submissions: March 20, 2014
Opening of the Festival: April 1, 2014
Master-classes: April 2-6, 2014
Press-conference: April 7, 2014
Announcement of winners and closing of the Festival: April 8, 2014
Exhibition: April 1-8, 2014
|Regulations - (Eng)|
|Entry Form- (Eng)|
|կանոնակարգերը - (հայերեն)|