Peer / BELGIUM
February 03. 2017
( P & @ )
The deadline is 03-02-2017.. Theme: “Bruegel in 2017..
1. Participation Anyone aged 18 and over can participate in this international contest. Participants declare that they agree with the terms and conditions of the contest, the rules, and the jury’s decisions. Participation is free.
The deadline is 03-02-2017.
2. Theme: “Bruegel in 2017
Peer will celebrate the 650th anniversary of acquiring city rights in 2017.
The year will be filled with festive activities for the residents of Peer and for visitors.
One of Belgium’s most famous painters, Pieter Bruegel the Elder, was supposedly born in Peer (Grote-Brogel).
We wonder what Bruegel would think of the world today; as it is in 2017.
3. Submissions Each participant can submit maximum five entries (colour or black and white). All graphic techniques are allowed. We prefer that participants print out digitally drawn work so that the works can be presented to the jury in sufficiently high quality. The works cannot have been published or exhibited in the past.
Please send your works to the following address:
Stad Peer Cartoonfestival
Peer650 Zuidervest 2a
B- 3990 Peer
or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The drawings must measure 210 x 297 mm (A4). Surname and first name of the participant must be mentioned on the back of the drawing.
4. The prizes:
1st prize: €700 + souvenir
2nd prize: €350 + souvenir
3rd prize: €150 + souvenir
All winners will be invited to spend three days (and 2 nights) in Peer for the awards ceremony.
5. Patrimonial rights By submitting an entry, participants give the organisers the right to use their entries to promote the cartoon festival and the festive year Peer650 (i.e. the catalogue, publicity in the press and on other media, posters, etc.).
6. Catalogue A catalogue will be published, taking into account budgetary limitations. Selected participants have the right to one copy. Participants will receive a free catalogue upon request.
They will have to pay the postal expenses or they can collect the catalogue at the Tourist Reception in Peer.
7. Property All works become the property of the organisers.
8. Originality of the works Entrants remain responsible for the originality of their works. Discussions and possible claims related to any form of plagiarism are at the entrant’s expense.
If plagiarism is discovered after the prizes have been awarded, the jury can deliberate and decide to revoke the prize.
9. Jury A professional jury will look at the entries received, make a selection for the exhibition, and select the prize winners.
10. Awards ceremony and exhibition The opening and awards ceremony will take place on Saturday, 6 May 2017. The exhibition will run from 7 May - 30 July 2017.
It will be accessible for free on Wednesday afternoons and during the weekend. Group visits are also possible on other days.
Pieter Bruegel the Elder / Wikipedia (EN):
Pieter Brueghel (baba) /Vikipedi (TR):
|The Peasant Wedding, 1566–69, oil on panel.|
|Pieter Bruegel : The Tower of Babel|